View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #39
mweishaa

Re: How I found My Truck...What's your story...?

After years of driving older BMWs (including on the track), I decided I needed a truck. So I looked on CL and found the one I wanted....a 1996 Ford Ranger extended cab. I emailed the guy, he was looking for a car, so we worked out a trade. Tags were good for 4 more months. Sure enough, a month before the tags expired the check engine light came on. Can't even get tested for emissions like that. I won't go into it all, but after several months, parts, and $$ I was fed up with it. I put it up on CL priced to sell (full disclosure of the issue). Several bites, but no takers.

So I started to look for what I wanted on CL. I figured it worked once before. So I found a 1964 GMC pickup. I've always loved old trucks, learned to drive a stick on my dad's 60s Chevy 3 on the tree. Turns out the guy with the '64 used to have the EXACT same truck as I have, and was what he was looking to get. He wanted to trade. I checked out his truck, it ran great. He had put a little $ into getting it running well. We set up a time a week later for his mechanic to check out my truck. The next day some guy shows up at my door, cash in hand and offered me what I was asking for my truck and I jumped on it. I then bought the '64.

Here's a pic of it when I looked at it...

More pics and how it looks now in my intro post:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=476330
mweishaa is offline   Reply With Quote