Thread: Project Swagger
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 04:21 PM   #96
matthew79

Re: Project Swagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigger007 View Post
You are right they are 22s, i'm not sure why i've had 24 in my head. BTW, love the boggers. Very nice look.

Where are you located? Sorry if you said already in this thread, but I missed it.

What did you do for speakers up front?

Everyone else: Thanx for the compliments. Once I figure out the picture/post thing on this forum I will do a thread somewhere.
I'm in AZ in the city of Surprise and thanks about the Boggers. I know a lot of people complain about the road noise from them but they look so good it's going to take A LOT of road noise for me to switch to a different tire!

I have those kick panels that hold a 6.5" speaker for up front. If you get those I should tell you that you have to be sure your speaker is pretty slim or they won't fit. I went through a few pairs before finding some Pioneers that were slim enough so I could mount the kick panels. I don't recall which model # Pioneers they were but I believe they were the most inexpensive ones you can get. I wasn't trying to cheap out but they fit! I think LMC sells a set that already has the speakers built in which would eliminate that problem.

If I had your Jimmy I would get the kick panel speakers and get a pair of slim subs to fit under the front seats. I think LMC sells those too. I remember you have those nice scroll panels in the rear so I wouldn't cut those to install some speakers, but you could always get some 6x9 truck speaker boxes and put those behind the front seats. Personally I don't like the way that setup looks, but it would be a good option for some tunes and you can always easily remove them whenever you want for a clean look.
matthew79 is offline   Reply With Quote