View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 12:15 AM   #40
Devillusion

Re: Project: Crew'd Attitude

Ok...well been a long day so far. And dissapointing in some ways. I guess I'll start with the good news first. The crew cab 2wd (brown) was a sweet deal at $300.00 (wheels are not included unfortunatley), but had a Bell Tech lowering kit with spindles in the front of it, an uncracked dash pad (for my other projects), and 2 decent bench seats to resell. I also turned the back half into a trailer that may or may not be a matched set to the truck later....lol.

As for the crew cab 4x4 I just picked up the other nite (blue), it was supposed to be a 454 truck but when I got there it was only a 350, but not the end of the world. The issue became when I got under it with a flash light it seemed as though there was only a few small issues with rust on the rocker and drivers floor board. This is EXACTLY why you never buy a truck at night...lol. Looked her over today and someone was under it with fiberglass etc to patch up some issues. So needless to say I was not extatic about it, but I guess at least once I sell the service box, and some other items I am not going to use I should come close to breaking even. Picked her up for $1300 bux in the end. Really wish she had that 454 in her though...lol. Truck has a T400/205 combo, so that is nice. Truck will more than likely get a cummins or LS swap eventually anyways so I will just sell off this crap anyways. It's an 88 FI 350 now.....nothing special.

So anyways.....the project I got some accomplished as I have the drop spindles in, some coils I had laying around (too short....waaay to shoort..lol), so am going to cut a ring off the factories and put them in. Hoping that won't be to much. Have the dash fully welded in and defrost vents drilled (PITA!), and had to heat and shrink a few places that warped on me over the months past but all good in the end. First coat of filler on it to level things out, hope to have things in primer in the next month or so. Having a hell of a time finding enough hours in the day lately.

Till next time....

1970 Chevelle
1968 Biscayne 2dr post

"...there is no excuse for what I am about to do, but dangit....it's gonna be fun!"
Devillusion is offline   Reply With Quote