Thread: My '59 Apache
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 09:55 PM   #14
Denee007

engine!

Went to my engine builder today to see my engine~ we discussed intake manifolds, carbs, valve covers. The valve covers in the photo were not for this motor, just used as an example. I did like the polished aluminum with the Chevy logo. WE did talk about the possibility of a serpintine belt setup~ he has a friend that sells brackets for every make an model; more than likely has a serpintine belt setup for my engine; if not, I'll just go with the basics. I was sure I was going to go with the 2v carb/intake, but I like the looks of the polished intake!

My 350 tranny was picked up a few days ago by a really nice younger man which owns two shops in Houston; his manners were~ well, just made my day with his refreshing splash of someone from years ago! I called him today to check on it, he'll be finished tomorrow. Decision on this is Lokar or shift on the column(automatic). I thought the column from the Impala would work, but will look into it a little more closely soon.
I'm not sure if I need any more pieces from the Impala(doner), and I'd like to get it out of my garage so I can begin pulling the I6 from the Apache to start the cleanup of the engine compartment, and install of the PS steering gear and possilbly a mono leaf front spring to lower the front about 3".

; )
Denee007 is offline   Reply With Quote