View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #366
Kim57

Re: My 57 Pro Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyx View Post
Nice fab work,liked your rod bending jig.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Pickup View Post
Incredible...can I ask what your background is? Engineer, fabricator, welder, all the above. Very gifted.
None of the above.
I'm basically self taught at home. I've always liked tinkering with stuff since I was a little kid and been a hot rodder since before I could drive.
I do wish I had the finances to get all the tools to make it easier but I get by jury rigging what I need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Toy chest View Post
Awesome work, keep it coming.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjmm56 View Post
Again, a great mind at work. One thing to to look at, when bringing the hood foward from the closed position ,my rails did not have enough lift causing the corners of the hood to scrape the top of the fender. Also make sure you have enough roller depth on the rail and the rail straight because it can come off when rolling the hood back. When making this stuff it all trial and error, I can't wait to see it finished, then I'll have to redo mine.
I know what you mean by trial and error. I made the angle at the back of the rails rather steep so I can start to get some lift as soon as the hood starts to move forward.
If I have to redesign the rails it won't bother me that much as I don't have that much time or money in them. I was thinking I may need a rail on top of the roller but won't know until I get the hood mounted and give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimig1 View Post
Kim you do some sweet work can't wait to see it finished.
Thanks.
I want to see it finished also but all things in time.
Kim
Kim57 is offline   Reply With Quote