Thread: My '59 Apache
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #18
Denee007

my engine is home! ; )

I'm so thrilled at how nicely my engine came out! I think I'm going to have to REALLY clean up the engine compartment! It's just a simple engine, boiled out, turned the crank, honed the cylinders at the machine shop, new balancer(other one was coming apart), obviously new intake(lesser expensive but looks great!), an edelbrock carb is up on the shelf. The 350 tranny is also overhauled and sitting patiently for me! lol The motor overhaul was 1420.oo and 300.oo for the tranny, so I think I'm sitting pretty good! I think he gave me break on the engine~ he also made an engine for my '67 mustang, and I consider him a friend nowdays! Herb builds an engine a day and ships em out all over the world!

Now I just need to figure out what to put on the front of this engine. Of course a waterpump(duh), I have the factory power steering bracket/pump, the AC system will be coming with a Sanden compressor and mounting on the passeger side and an aftermarket bracket for the Alt will be on the drivers side~ So I guess that about covers the front of the engine!

now to get that darned Impala out of the garage! I saw Orrie said something on a thread about that~ going there to see what he said! ; )

Denee007 is offline   Reply With Quote