View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 11:08 PM   #246
rhodog77

Re: '50 5 window.....s10 swap

Vintage,

I used the stock s10 filler neck and it is flush with the bedside. I cut the neck down to where it was basically straight. I cant remember but I think it was about 7-8 inches long. I shaved off the small vent tube, thats one of the reasons that I keep the vent line out of the tank. I keep the stock triangle base plate on the neck. I was going to tack weld that plate to the back side of the bedside, but I didnt need to once the grommet was in. I doesnt budge at all. I bought a new piece of rubber fuel neck and connected it between the tank and the neck. With the fuel cap srcewed in, its flush. The cap is from a harley davidson, part number 61102-83C. Here is the website I got the grommet from. It has a really good description on how to choose the one for your specific use. I ordered a few diffferent sizes to make sure I got a really tight fit.

http://www.rubbergrommets.com/produc...oduct=grommets

The neck is tipped up about 2 degrees to ensure the fuel will flow properly. I have a bunch of pix if you need more. There a few other pix of the neck setup on my thread on previous pages. Hope this helps....let me know if you need anything else.
Attached Images

1970 P10 Stepvan
rhodog77 is offline   Reply With Quote