View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #457
68 TT
Still plays with trucks

Re: 1969 Short Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Thanks Steve.
I'm unsure of where I'm going to put the filler. I might run it over to the left inside of the bed or may just cap off this filler and add another that goes straight up? I haven't done much research on this yet.
I have the filler neck & quarter panel support parts from a square body K5 Blazer I am going to use but instead of the square filler door from the K5 I am going to use an 88-98 truck round filler door assembly. I think the round fuel door won't look too out of place.

I considered an in bed or a behind the license plate fill point but If I am towing something or have a load in the bed it would make getting fuel a pain.

I like the marker lamp fill point idea but don't have marker lights.

Another one I like is the top of bed rail fill point with a boat or motor cycle pop up gas cap that sits flush with the top of the bed rail when closed.

Behind the tail light is a cool idea but looks like a bunch of work. With the access to a machine shop you have this could be a nice one for you to tackle. You could make some nice hinged mounts for the tail light to sit in and really clean things up.
68 Camaro SS / RS 500hp 439 inch roller cam big block 4L80E
79 Malibu TPI 350 4L60 w/ Z28 steering & sway bars
68 TT is offline   Reply With Quote