View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #43
SCOTI

Re: Browntown moves east and gets a makeover

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRORIDES View Post
Well, I guess I'm looking for some thoughts from you guys on the engine bay, We're going to give it the sheet metal treatment on the inner fenders and smooth out the firewall so looks as killer as the bed does. But the motor tranny deal is killing me!!!! It has a 350 SB 350 Turbo in it now that runs just fine, If I put a GearVendor on it I'd most likely be cool with it. Then I have to do a Billet Specialties Tru Trac on so it all tucks together and I can get my ac in it too. I have another SB block in the shop thats built some but not crazy that would give me more power and I also have a LS1 floating around along with a 700r4. So at this point what do you guys think before I start buying parts for something I may not be happy with in the long run??? I want to drive the truck with a fun factor. Give me your ideas. Thanks Curt
Jonboy just did a TBI/700r4 swap into his 74 not too long ago for 'improved efficiency & reliability'. Although it's 'ok', he's mentioned since (more than once) he should have stuck to the KISS principle & left it carb'd & just added the OD trans.

I vote put an OD or GV's behind it....
Do the sbc TruTrac....
Drive the wee out of it....
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote