View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 01:41 PM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Re: Rear bumpers, let's see them.

I think that is more what he's looking for. Who doesn't know what a sport bumper looks like? I like the look as much as anyone,but they don't make it easy getting into the bed on a 3/4t. I looked through my K/20 and C/20 pictures and they are about all front shots or with sport bumper. The aftermarket step bumpers look pretty good,like in the first picture. The second picture is a Bartens,which was real popular on these trucks in the western states. I really like the '72s the best of all step bumpers,if you can find a nice one. They were a one year only and made like the ones still made today except they are 4" wide rather than 8". Like the earlier style and the Bartens the bottom is where an 8" would be which makes the top a 4" lower step and your boot fits under an open tailgate. They aren't as strong as the earlier ones,since they are stamped rather than fabbed from c-channel. If you find one that isn't bent they look great on these 4wds. I always wanted to get one chromed. The fourth one is the earlier style. The fifth one is a type of aftermarket bumper offered back when these trucks were made. There are all kinds of ways to fab a good looking stout bumper,like that tube one showed. I used to run those,too. I've also made them from square tube and my favorite is 2 x 6 tube. There are companies that make HD steel bumpers,but I have no pictures.
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 08-21-2011 at 01:56 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote