View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 12:27 AM   #21
bucannon
Salty Sailor

Re: 73-87 lift spindle installation in the 86 Custom Deluxe

okay sorry about taking so long to respond i have been at sea for two months with Texas Maritime Academy. taking classes and working towards my 3rd mates license.

but the 88-98 1 ton spindle is different as i tried to use a 2500HD 13 inch 8 lug rotor and the bearings were too big for the spindle. im sure they make a 1 ton lift spindle.

the "3/4 ton" brakes are from that same 2500 truck with the 13 inch rotors. they fit the spindle and the 11" rotor. the advantage is bigger pads and a larger bore on the cylinder.

as for the lower ball joint. it is a 73-87 3/4 ton. you can keep you original lower control arm and i almost wish i did because i have to take it all apart again to modify the Rock Auto lower control arms again to get them to center up [ i will explain this in detail in a later post].

the upper ball joint is the 88-93 i used 1/2 ton. but i am worried that i may have needed 3/4 ton. but i will find out soon if this is true.

for the rear i plan to use 5 lug to 6 lug adapters.

i need spacers for the front because i chose to use 17" 2007 stock bullet hole style rims from a buddies GMC. i will post pictures soon

i also plan to eventually get a set of 35 inch tires. that is after i buy the spacers and adapters.

once again sorry i took so long to respond!

Savannah, Georgia
bucannon is offline   Reply With Quote