View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 12:57 AM   #9
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: '60-'66 Body On A '73-'87 Frame

Thanks for reminding me of something I forgot to mention Ron. I knew I was forgetting something.

That is one other aspect of frame swaps to consider. That is how does the frame swap effect the titling and licensing process in your local area. I know here in Idaho, when building/modifying a vehicle, you are 'supposed' to have receipts for all the major components. Plus if you were to use a different frame, or body (cab on a pickup) you need to have the title for both of those components. Then you will have to have your vehicle inspected by the state motor vehicle investigator, to be sure you followed all the requirements. Then if he/she is happy with what you have done, you will be issued a reconstructed vehicle title. But if the motor vehicle investigator is not happy with what you have/have done, your vehicle can be confiscated and crushed. Typically a vehicle with a reconstructed vehicle title will have considerably less value than one with a regular title.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote