View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 12:02 AM   #392
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The Story Of A Cummins Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcuz View Post
When you went around the north side did you go through Yarnell and hit 111 at Kirkland Junction? We went up that way earlier this month. Then came home through Prescott down 89 and got some serious thunder, lightning and rain. Once we hit the desert floor though it was around 110 to 113 all the way to Palm Springs. Our friends have a place above the golf course by the airport. Right close to Emory-Riddle College.
Keep up the travelogues, it is cool to see the Arizona high country!
No, we didn't get that far west (or south). I like going that way though. I like pulling that hill north of Wilhoit then looking back over Peeples Valley. What a great view. You were just a fuzz north of where the car show was a couple weeks ago. It is at the north end of the round granite boulder area you drove through to get to your friends place. I could have gotten you out of the area on dirt if you wanted the scenic route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Very cool pics! My wife would love the houses on that high way. She probably would have been long gone at first sight of the lizard!
My wife and I have drooled over those houses for years. We would park at the bottom of the hilll and walk up one side and down the other and talk to the people that were out.

The lizard is probably only about three inches long and very easy to miss. The only reason I saw it was because I noticed something move in the vicinity. So, with that, I'm guessing your wife would not have appreciated this:

We caught up to this guy on the road Saturday. Gopher snake. Non-venemous, but I guess it will give you a nasty infection if you let it bite you. We put a bunch of miles on dirt last weekend and I have some super-fantastic pictures of our adventures, but I am waiting on a photo-edit program to arrive before I post them up. It's gonna be cool.