Old 08-27-2011, 11:05 PM   #36
sameyrasmea72

Re: Survivoration ©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
sur·vi·vor·a·tion

   [ser-vahy-ver-a-shun]
–verb
1.the act of improving an original condition truck by adding better, but still used or original parts.

I must give full credit to Paul Duncan, aka Duncan and Son, for the idea. He suggested I consider improving an a truck that's pretty much stock by finding good quality used parts to replace the ones that are pretty tired.

By the way - notice the difference the difference in paint in the front fenders, and door in the before and after pictures? I used the CLR tip I found on the board. Got rid of the rust stains real quick. Teeitup and kingsolver should be pretty surprised at how the hood turned out. I picked those up at Randy's get together last month. There must have been two decades of tree sap and dirt on it and the cowl panel.
Wow I missed this one . NIce truck!!! It reminds me alot of my red truck. I won't tell you how much SURVIVORATION we did on my survivor. Everybody notices the door with the non white window frame but we did alot more that that.

I guess you are looking for a ochre tailgate? Keep looking you will find one soon enough......Jason