View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 07:30 PM   #6
blue_69
someday

Re: Half cab soft top??

ok. this is the best way i could come up with to make the rear seat fold down and still look somewhat factory. First i made a tube to go from the tube the armrests mount on down to the bottom bolt that holds the two halves of the seat together. I tried to use 3/4 electrical conduit but it kinked when making tight a radius so i got some iron water pipe. The iron pipe made did not kink as easy. Next i cut some flat plate to use as half of my hinge. I attached this to the bottom of the seat back and shaped it to match the curve on the back of the frame and matched the curve of my newly made armrest support. Then i welded an ear on to the new support tube that served as the other half of the hinge. I drilled them both and put a 1/2 inch bold through. I slotted the top hole on the seat bottom and slotted the bottom hole of the seat back so that they interlock when the seat is up. I used some old brake caliper bolt bushings on the bolts that fit into my slotted holes. The most important thing is the width. All of this has to fit between the wheel wells and its a tight fit. Hopefully the pics help i'm not very good at explaining my ideas.
Attached Images

My 72 CST blazer build

72 CST Blazer 4x4
67 2wd swb ( project onion crate )
86 4x4 lwb plow truck
40 x 60 foot barn to work on all this stuff
blue_69 is offline   Reply With Quote