View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 09:34 PM   #39
47thriftmaster

Re: '72 K5 Blazer CST = Yet another Build

Not much of an update as far as working on the blazer goes. Got the front axle pulled and tearing it down, for rebuild, also rebuilding the springs. The axle has a lot of things seized on it so may replace it, I will see. Sent out some things to get coated, will get pics of them later when I have more time. Last weekend I picked up a bed in much better shape then mine, will start tearing into that this week I hope.

Here is the new, and I use that word loosely, bed.

The axle so far.

Now to my dilemma, I was given a set of 5 original steels in 15x6 in decent shape. These are what I was looking for a while back, then the opportunity came about to get 4 15x8 wheels (thanks to PICKMUP), so I jumped on that. Had them powder coated and they turned out beautiful and I was set. But now that I have the 15x6's and they are on my build sheet, I'm thinking of using them. Truth be told I really want to use them, but I have a lot of money into powder coating the other wheels. So do I try to sell them to cover coating the others or just try to keep them? I'm not sure yet. Here is a reminder of the wheels and the new ones. let me know what you think.

47thriftmaster is offline   Reply With Quote