View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 11:19 PM   #35
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: 6 Lug Rear Disc with E-Brake Brackets

I just about have a few of the ones that will accept 15" wheels, completed. Right now I'm waiting on an order of lazer cutting, which I should have by sometime next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryer1979 View Post
I just stumbled onto this thread today, very neat idea. Any luck with a bracket to allow the use of 15" wheels? I saw you mentioned working on one, but I couldn't see if you had put one together yet. It is late, and I'm crashing hard so I could be missing it.
Technically when you switch to 4 wheel discs, you should change your master cylinder and proportioning valve to disc/disc components. Some guys claim they have used the disc/drum components with success. If it were mine, I would switch the master to a disc/disc unit, and then install one of the Wilwood adjustable combination valves. You could actually install one of the Wilwood combination valves with your disc/drum setup.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WIL-260-11179/

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryer1979 View Post
I do have a question for you though Capt., Going from a disc/drum setup to a disc/disc setup, Would that require a new master cylinder/booster combo? I'm getting ready to do a swap on the front of my '65 to discs, and am just curious if I am going to need to replace the booster/master parts again if I upgrade to rear discs. Booster is off a '89 C1500, and master is off a '79 C10. Thanks Capt.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE