View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 09:53 PM   #8
jeffg1010

Re: Searching for wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
shipping from the left coast can be as little as 1000 bucks.
classics life a long rust-free(ish) life over there
1000 bucks won't fix SQUAT in a body shop, and it'll get you just a little more than squat if doing it yourself.
DON'T get a rust bucket. Like you said, you have time.
I agree with Longhorn Man. East Coast / West Coast shipping is NO BIG DEAL if you are buying something you really want for a good price. I've bought and sold coast to coast SEVERAL times with no issues and no damage to my vehicles. $1000 is about the average coast to coast. NC to Boston $500, South Florida to NC $500. NC to Nashville $300. He's called me with a driver ready to pickup in as little as 4 hours. My broker is pretty well tuned into quite a few national dispatch companies, but sometimes it takes a week or so to get it picked up. Just depends on your location. I am at an intersection to multiple cross country interstates, so mine is pretty easy.

These days, I would RATHER ship a car, than take time out of my busy schedule to go pick it up. AND when you factor gas prices, airfare, hotel... You couldnt pick it up and drive it home that cheap! (not to mention the stress of worrying that something is going to break down if you are driving it)
1986 C30 Crewcab - 63K original miles, original paint

Members I have met: mikey531, gcburdic, bashed, burbman69, TonyPieras, Blazester, GCncsuHD, custombuilt67-72, tsnow678, highrpm, PanelDeland, tanman722001, 47thriftmaster, babyblueoval, 68stepbed, JesseWebb, Andy4639, xs-style, TobyArnot, BigOrange, frednoah, brn_agn, k5hart, Graham57a, bhelton, AJohn6, SilverC10, 69CST, '71 Flame, RaceAGMC, Liz, Josh, MattPSU, 68corvair, Chevy350V8, mdeal, ccrorymc, mrhurt73, dmxxpert, Custom68, 84GMC, BionicABs1, BigBlockBurris, Ebfabman, ATP...
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote