View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 11:40 PM   #200
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

The front hard lines on your '66 should be 3/16" in diameter. They should thread right into the later model hoses. That is unless for some reason your hoses are metric. Then you would need a SAE to metric adapter.

When extending the booster pushrod, you can not have 2 pivot points. You will need to cut the eye off of the booster pushrod, and either weld that to a section of your original pushrod, or use a piece of tubing to slide over the two. Then either weld, or cross drill and use either roll pins, or small machine screws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10hevy View Post
Instead of swapping the entire crossmember from the '91 I just took the a-arms, so my question is how do you connect the large diameter soft brake lines from the '91 and connect them to the 1/4 " '66 hard lines. Can I get a union from home depot or someplace similar?

I also have a question about the brake pushrod:
Since the one off the '91 is too short can I fab up an intermediary connector with a hole on each end and bridge the 1" gap? Or will I run into binding?

-Mike
Posted via Mobile Device
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote