View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 09:43 PM   #19
(541)COLD_beer

Re: 85 crew cab with 97 vortex motor and dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by hick View Post
Well thanks for putting that bug in my ear...

Looks great. I don't care for that gen of dash, i prefer the 03-07 classic but it looks GOOD

You got any build pictures and i am not very very curious as to how you did it...

I am most interested in what your options for the HVAC are... Is the wiring harness for all that (the climate control it self) separate and independent of the rest of the truck or do you have to kinda build it scratch?
ya the 04 dash wont fit because of the dish on the passenger side. but like i said i ran into this dash and got it for free. but if iwere to go out and buy a dash i would have got 07 silverado dash. no pics yet, as you can see the dash is just sittting on wood blocks. not sure what the HVAC is but im thinking its the ac and heater box? i have the full wiring harness from the 07 avalanche so im completely gutting out the 85 and wiring it with the 07 avalanche wiring harness. so im going to have to splice in the lights, windshield wipers, door locks, and the window motors. i think thats about it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hick View Post
I would like to bounce some thing off you...

I REALLY want to do this... but i don't know what would be easier for the sake of the dash/console/seats

Buy two cabs and do a floor pan/fire wall swap... or do what you have done and try to graph the two together piece by piece?

Your far enough into this project you will be able to tell me what you think of the first option. Granted its ALOT more welding, possible "more" work but i am more concerned about the over all fit and finish of every thing...

Your thoughts?
i would definitely not try to swap floor pans or fire wall. my dash fits damn good for just the little trim work i've done. but like i said if i was going to go buy a dash i would get a 07 silverado dash. in my opinion it looks way nicer. all i've done so far is cut out the 85 dash and cut out the humps for the seat in the 85. its way easier to plate in the humps than to redo the floor pan... thats my opinion. i've been welding and fabing for over 10 years and thats just my opinion. let me know what ya think
(541)COLD_beer is offline   Reply With Quote