Thread: Project 67
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 09:59 PM   #48
Sammy

Re: Project 67

Today removed the drivers side drum. What a mess. Gutted all the springs and shoes indicates to have been under water with all the rust. Stashed for a rainy day is a complete set of new cylinders, springs and shoes. Cleaned the drum up it was solid red. Doesn't look to have been turned. One lug stud was broken off and after closer inspection 3 of the other studs are grooved. Guess someone ran wheels on this with loose lug nuts. Also cleaned the housing up applied some primer and rattle canned the tubes and pumpkin. After I get this side done and the other side apart I'll decide if the drums really need turned. They appear to be stock drums as they have the knock outs not like the aftermarket ones I put on the GMC. Sprayed the inside of the drum backing plate and cleaned the rust from the other widgets that are not getting replaced. Weather guy is calling for a another nice day again could get the brakes completed with any luck.

"You can wash a pig, soak it in most expensive perfume. In the end it is still just a pig."

ODD BALL build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=478629"
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote