View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 10:52 PM   #14
MisterC

Re: New '66 owner

Thanks for all of the kind words and welcomes from you all. As I mentioned, it's to be my daily driver eventually so I'm starting with mechanical stuff first. I'm not one to like crazy modifications so I'll go with what I call a resto custom.

First thing I did today was to convert the amber turn signals over to clear lenses with amber bulbs. It's a tiny move, but one that I feel makes the front end look cleaner.

I'll restore all of the custom trim. It has the Custom Cab panels and the fender emblems in a box. Actually, there were 3 boxes in the back that included many parts that the previous owner never got around to installing.

I'll upgrade to power steering, power brakes, disk brakes up front and dropped spindles and springs. If it ran right now, it would most likely ride like a tank. The previous owner cut 2 coils out of the front springs and installed el camino springs and air shocks in the back. I'm working on acquiring a full set of 15x8 steelies and the truck came 15x6's with dog dish caps and trim rings.

I'm also thinking about changing out the back bumper for a 67-72 sport bumper. I like that look with a hidden hitch, since I tow a boat and/or travel trailer.

That's all I can think of for now. Like all of you, I'm sure the list will grow with time. I'll do all of the work myself with the exception of paint and body. I know exactly zero about that stuff.
350 V-8 - Powerglide

My not so much a build thread as a "Slow Progression Thread":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=486894
MisterC is offline   Reply With Quote