View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 12:12 AM   #60
bigbadchev72
People know me

Re: A Sad Story About a 1971 Chevy Cheyenne

I agree that it must really suck for you, But on the flip side of the coin what about the guy that had his truck stolen? If it was truely his truck then he has every right to get it back. What if you were in his shoes? I mean it sounds like they swapped just enough stuff to make it look different, but left some parts that would still stand out- like the bent bumper.

I would be absolutely pissed if I had a truck stolen, seen some of my parts on a truck driving around town, called the cops and they verified that MY vin was on the frame, and that the trucks vin was different, but was not a stolen truck. Its a gray area for sure, but I think the right thing to do would be to give him his truck back and let him rebuild from there.

Looks like you got the bad end of the deal and were just a victim of not knowing any better than to check ALL vins on the truck. What about the guy that you bought it from? Are the police going after him??
1972 k/5 blazer CST 4X4 Crate 350, th350/205, dana44with trac-loc/14 bolt with detroit locker, 4 wheel discs 4.56s, 8" suspension lift using 73-87springs, 1" zerorate custom front crossmember, HAD CV drivelines and driveshaft e-brake, full cage, PRP seats, Full autometer gauges, 38x14.5x16 Toyo M/Ts, 16x10 Polished aluminum rockcrusher wheels

1967 longbox 4x4, Strong 400/400/208, 44/12bolt 4.10s, 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/Ts on corvette rally wheels
bigbadchev72 is offline   Reply With Quote