View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 07:56 AM   #189
Scot_Douglas

Re: Starting my first build - 1966 C10

Thank you for the kind words, all.

Alan-
The cab came from a 66 short wide down in TN. I bought the remaining sheetmetal from a "local" Michigan guy - he bought the whole truck just for the frame; seems he owns a pristine 63, but finds that it's sitting on a 62 or older frame.

He found it on a side trip down south and bought it from a state trooper that had dreams of rebuilding it to its former glory. I'd bet he found the challenge we all usually are faced with and decided to sell - as he started to find all the work waiting for him!
He said that this truck was the local hotrod and he grew up falling in love with it and bought it when the chance presented itself.

Whoever had it prior was quite accomplished with mud, as there is plenty to be found - but it's over things that even I think I could pound out with some patience. Cab looks to be originally silver and was painted inside and out with the two tone scheme. That paint is funky too; it;s starting to come off in sheets and I can't tell if it was roller paint or just lots of coats.

The top color is a dark silver / purple that is gorgeous. Don't think I've ever seen this particular color before - and never would've thought of combining it with red - but daaaaang - it looks hot! I have to look at Alan's cab and see how close it is. I'm sure this combo would be a jaw-dropper if done correctly.
Scot_Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote