View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 04:20 PM   #75
litew8

Re: Project "My Happy Mess"

Got the grille more shinny!

Painted the bed sills -

Took the heater core/box off. It's never really worked (trickled heat) - found out that there's a busted link on the backside of the control panel. Cleaned up the core and will put back on with new seals. Will need to manually open/close the vent door from inside the cab when I want heat. The motor still spins nice.

Tore down the front suspension (have new inner/outer tie-rods too (not shown))-

Drilled out the upper ball-joints and replaced with new -

Took the old lower ball-joints out and replaced with new -

Realized that the driver's side upper control arm shaft bearing on the right was worn - causing a lot of play/movement. This was probably because my lower ball-joint has been shot for a long time, causing the upper portion of the suspension to bind and wear. Replaced the shaft (new not shown).

Replaced the outside stabilizer arm bushings. They were shot. This is a C20 HD arm. The rest of the suspension are C10 parts (upper/lower ball-joints, rotors, calipers, spindles).

Put new rotors and calipers on. One old one was gouged deep, and one caliper was on its way to Chevy heaven. Put them all out of their misery and I won't have to deal with them later.

Guess what's in the garbage bag? Yep, my block is back from the Machinist, and the tranny is getting picked up tonight also.

Have my top end parts for the engine ready also.

Things are moving right along!
Wood is (has been) at the Woodsmith's getting finished too!