View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 12:51 AM   #7
oem4me

Re: Restoration thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1 Burb View Post
I think that is the lowest mileage truck on here, it would be nice to see pics of everything , if we could get it pinned and anyone that asks a question , the pic could be posted for all to see and use.
I think you're probably right. I have not seen another here on this forum with comparable low mileage. That's not to say they are not out there, in fact, I am aware of several ultra low milers that belong to non-members. That includes a couple under a thousand original miles! ..Yep, true story.

These trucks are invaluable for reference as per how the factory did it. Although, as I said once in an old post, the current quality of most higher end restoration work, especially regarding finishes, far exceeds what Chevy was doing at the plant back then. In some cases, it's hard to believe production line work got so sloppy. Not what some of you want to hear, I know.

Anyway, as far as my trucks go, I seriously need to take a bunch more pictures of both and make them available for y'all. Perhaps we can eliminate some of the guess work involved in a pure restoration. Just gimmie a little time.
oem4me is offline   Reply With Quote