View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 07:49 PM   #32
slow72

Re: Project: Turbo 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbed67 View Post
The manifold is made by SPA turbo.... If you order it through DEI they are about $150 cheaper than everybody else. but SHHHH dont tell them that or they will jack the price... the only downside is you have to drill and tap new holes and bore the center out for the wastegate due to the fact that Tial wastegates have 2 holes and a 38mm valve and the manifold is setup for some brazilian wastegate that has 3 holes and and a ridiculously smalll valve. you will also have to cut the center out of the flange on the manifold, as it is setup for a split flange turbo and most turbo's that fit this are not split, also as it is, it wont let the front 3 cylinders waste out the wastegate... so by cutting out the center divider all 6 can evenly wasteout rather than just the rear three, it will help keep pressures more equal.
Thanks, that's good to know.

As for the megasquirt, i realize it may be a huge headache but i want to try it anyway. A friend of mine set it up from scratch on two turbo cars of his so i'm hoping his knowledge will help.