Thread: My 88 Silverado
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 04:29 PM   #14
Ricky78045

Re: My 88 Silverado

Yes it was, thanks 75chev, now a piece of mind my cover won't fly off and hit some motorist lol. Update: well I posted this in another thread but here it goes, my wife and I had problems with the stereo speakers, had to bang on the dash and the rear pillar to get some speakers to work... As annoyed we were, I decided to gut the radio and left everything hanging, my wife soldered and "harnessed" all the connections. We had some of that red wire loom you can find at autozone and decided to tape it on the wires, similar to what the stock tail lights look, making sure no wire is pinched or nicked when sliding the stereo in, I'll post some pics of it when I transfer the pics from the camera. Wife was in a soldering mood, so she also soldered my rear driver tail light harness, had to buy a junkyard comnector, the ground wire was cut close to the plug. Now my stereo sounds like new! All I need now is to put a fuse on my amp and get a proper battery terminal for the amp, its disconnected as I type to "save battery". I also had a horn problem thanks to my grant wheel. The shoulder bolts that hold the horn stripped or something... Now i need to find out ehat size they are to reinstall the horn button, that will be on for decoration since i installed a horn bypass button. Now I need to learn how to read a multi-meter and find a little nasty electrical gremlin... Lol some update :p
Posted via Mobile Device

1988 Chevrolet Silverado Single Cab, Short bed, 350, 5.7L: daily driver/on a budget restoration
Ricky78045 is offline   Reply With Quote