View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 11:29 PM   #6
Robznob11

Re: 68 to LS1 motor swap Questions.. HELP plz !!

I run a 02 vette radiator because you can get it for a 100 bucks or less and it has a oil cooler and tranny cooler built in. its smaller and takes a little trimming and fabed brackets. I run a camaro tank under the rear stock intank truck pump. make my own lines check fuel line thread. I would wire it up with a check engine light and gm plug. you normally need to cut the top radiator hose if you run the truck style cause its to long you can get a connector that will accept a mechanical temp gauge to run there. the oil sensor in the back of the manifold can be removed. break off the top and drill and tap for 1/8 pipe and run any mechanical oil press gauge. speed o needs to be electronic. tach needs to be programmable to 4 cyl caus thats what the pcm puts out. I wired mine my self from the lt1 swap site and it fired right up no problems. I sent my pcm to wait4me performance to be tuned and vast removed 75 bucks. there are better options . I live 30 min from texas speed when i do the cam swap they will tune it better Im sure but I have had no issues with the tune it has and it is turned up as much as you can for a stocker. I run a b&m pro ratchet they make a kit that bolts to the tranny and shifts all 4 fine.
,,,,,,,/__(⊙)___//___/__(O)_/

@disciple2.rc 💪instagram💪
LED TAILS
Robznob11 is offline   Reply With Quote