View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 12:21 AM   #143
Bull72

Re: Some guys have skills and some have bills

So here are the latest updates on the gasket situation... after another set of gaskets blown yet again. We thought the weld/position of the pipes were welded to tight perhaps? So we took off the brackets and gave the exhaust pipes some more "play" so they could hang more freely just in case the exhaust wasn't on too tight and possibly pulling the headers away from the heads. No luck, we did this and then the gaskets blew again. The left header was fine, no issues since the first time we put them on, the issue was from the right side, same spot.

After all of this I think we finally found the issue... after looking more closely at the headers my buddy found one port wasn't a true round hole and off center. It isn't a round hole but more oval "football" shaped and was not matching up correctly. So at this point i'm blaming the dang hooker headers. AARRGGGGHH!

We put 2 sets of hardcore gaskets and sealant and it is holding for now. But I have a feeling this is just buying me a little time as opposed to a good seal. As of now it sounds good and feels strong, but it's probably only a matter of time before the seal breaks again. Dangit =(

Has anyone dealt with such an issue? Will HOOKER replace/refund a USED header if it doesn't function well?

My mini build (I had a great starting point)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=440743

Last edited by Bull72; 10-19-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Bull72 is offline   Reply With Quote