View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 11:26 PM   #17
Camaro_nut2001
Chevy Lover Till The End.

Re: Started on the Tubs

I took a few pictures of last night's progress. Here is one of the tubs I picked up that had been widened with both sides of a tub overlapped with a piece of metal, tacked together then silicone spread over the two tacked seams Name:  widened_tub_before_cutting_apart.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  44.3 KB And here is after I cut one of em apart but the part that bolts to the bed isn't in this picture as I'd already started usin it Name:  center_piece_apart_old_tub.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  37.3 KB This is where I used the other part with my original tub. Name:  making_my_line_to_cut.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  39.8 KB
I just marked a semi sraight line usin a piece of thin cardboard & let it overlap then after gettin it where I wanted it I drilled a hole in each end of my bed where the tub is gonna bolt, bolted it down, put 3 bolts back in to the bedside to hold the tub still & made a thru cut with my zizz wheel then used the jig saw to make the cut. I got it tacked together enough to remove it from the truck & plan on finishin the tacks on it tomorrow & hopefully gettin the other tub cut apart & at least cut & tacked if not finished. I had doctors appointments today then my chickens so I decided to just stay in tonight after gettin them done. More pictures to come.
1968 Chevrolet Impala Sport Coupe - 327/350hp, TH400, all original.
Members I've met: BamaBaxter,

My Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=500359
Camaro_nut2001 is offline   Reply With Quote