View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #51
1badgmc

Re: Warning on HID conversion & Clear Side Marker & Taillights

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJ1988 View Post
In the G8 Link,

"But the story doesn’t stop there, with some folks alleging that Jakalope wasn’t sporting factory lights, but rather modified taillights on his car. Jakalope has since both stated that he did have the factory lights on the car when the ticket was issued (although he does have other “show” lights). He also claims that even the modified taillights, which can be seen on his Cardomain page, should be legal as well, as they continue to reflect the color red."
I read some threads on the matter on the G8 forums. It seems jackalope had smoked taillights on the car when he was stopped. Being stopped for that makes perfect sense to me. He then put stock taillights back on the car for the judge. There was a misunderstanding on the judge's part, so the ticket wasn't dismissed. Jackalope went through other channels and did eventually get the ticket dropped, though.

I still stand behind my statement that the stock G8 GT lights are perfectly legal.

Quote:
Seems kind of suspiscious to me. Who has show lights that they change out when they go to a car show?
It's not unheard of.

Back in the early days of all-clear taillights, I had taken a set apart and tinted them blue. I drove with them for a while, but felt safer with stock taillights so I relegated the blue tails to show-only duties. I had a fellow club member at the time who had a set of show tails that were painted to match the graphics on his truck.
1badgmc is offline   Reply With Quote