View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 09:48 PM   #33
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Been a good weekend, got some stuff done.

Finished dismantling my front body work, and worked on getting my steering gear box off, but kinda had to set that one aside since I dont have a wench large enough for the hugeass nut on the bottom.
I have a PS pump and gear box off a 1990 Blazer I am hoping to use, am going to post a pic and hopefully some of you all can tell me what I am going to need to make this work, if that is possible and feasible...

Clutch pedal installed in cab, in cab fuel tank out and old mounting brackets cut down. Fuel tank is in pristene condition with about half gal of gas still in it. I capped it off and set it aside will post it on CL along with all my other original spare parts when I am closer to completion I guess.

Trailer hitch un-installed and came to the conclusion that in order to mount that Blazer fuel tank, it will make the job 10x easier if I disassemble my truck bed and pull all the wood deck out.
I just have to remember to include the skid plate when I am positioning the fuel tank.

Wife helped alot on Saturday, she worked some of my cradles and got them cleaned and primered.

pic #1 is the 1990 Blazer PS pump and gear box. Am I going to be able to use these? The pump came off a 350 with a serpentine set up. The Gearbox did not come with the (pitman?) arm. I will ask the guy I got it from if I can get it, if this is going to work of course...
#2 is my side view mirror with the cool cut mirror.
#3 is my cab with the clutch pedal installed, and some of my d-side rot
#4 is close up of my d-side floor rot. I am not sure how much of a patch I am going to need, nor which company makes or supplies the better patches for these trucks. I am going to need the posts, rocker, and guessing a whole d-side floor pan? Just because of the rot just under my gas pedal studs?

Any suggestions?
Gotta have an electrician come out and see if we can wire in a 220 for me so I can power up my welder, guess we are getting close to needing that soon...

As always, thanks for looking and any comments or suggestions you may have would be hugely appreicated!!
Attached Images

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote