View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 02:58 AM   #43
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Ok this weekend suffered from late starts and lack of get it started. But some progress none the less.

Lifted out the center of the bed, good thing I read these boards and saw where chevy_man5 had notched the top of the carriage bolts with a cutting disk, that little tid bit helped with most of the stubborn ones. There were still 2 that I just had to cut out of there.

Got the new fuel tank lifted up into place for a mock up look-see and got the measurements I will need for the straps. Took out the overly complicated sending unit and am modding my original one to fit, more to follow on that.
That was yesterday.

Today I took my spare guage cluster apart and rolled back the odo on it. Going to fart around with that the rest of this week. Fun stuff. It isnt that the original builds or designs were "bad" but it is tons of fun to think, "What can I do to make this better..." or "How would I have done this, or how would I like it like this..."

I am sooooo going to rob some of you all's ideas.
Hopefully I will remember who I am stealing ideas from so I can give you credit in this history thread.

Pic #1 is the fuel tank mock up.
#2 is my guage cluster apart and odometer rolled back
Attached Images

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1

Last edited by McMurphy; 10-31-2011 at 03:03 AM. Reason: re load photos
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote