View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 10:53 PM   #10
chad64chevy

Re: 66 c10 first timer build

as far as gear ratio, mine came with 3.73, and i'm putting a 700r4 in mine as well, but i do have 2- 3.07 rearends! it depends on tire size too, and what your wanting to use the truck for! as far as cost on a rearend, that depands on whats wrong with it, if the seals don't leak or anything i would get new drums,brake pads,wheel cylinders,springs for the pads, all that would be around $200-300 i believe and i would run new brake lines just to be safe, but that would cost a lil more! you can ask the question in the suspension part of the site they might be able to help out more! i'm learning alot from off this site, there alot of people on here that are willing to help and know alot more then me! theres a few other threads on there that might help you to like captain fab sells a power steering bracket, and power brake booster bracket to add power steering and power brake! i haven't bought the power steering bracket but did buy the brake booster braket and it fits good! so what are your plans for the truck??
chad64chevy is offline   Reply With Quote