View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 09:06 PM   #49
CC69Rat

Re: Driveline Vibration

Street Smart - I'd try 3deg or 4deg, they're cheap enough maybe get both and see which is better ? You just don't want to zero out. I bet 3's would do it. .. kinda split the difference in the pinion and the #2 shaft. 2-3deg you should be fine. My S10 runs at 1-2deg at the pinion and it's smooth as glass at all speeds.

If you think about the idea of dropping a truck (or lifting really) and what happens all parts considered .. looking at the picture above, just remember that pinion angle doesn't change unless you tilt the rear end housing a little to accomodate the geometry changes that come with the drop / lift. You get a little bit of a change from the 'swing' of the trailing arms but on a leaf truck I'd think it would be more noticable. Ex. 3" drop blocks still make the rear end sit the same as it used to 3" higher than it is post drop. That would make a lot of changes in the angles of a two piece drive shaft. S10, C10, golf cart, Jeep .. whatever ..

I am not sure but I think the C10 drop arms you can get from PB or CPP, etc. I think they actually have this built into the saddles .. I could be wrong.

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote