Thread: 1984 swb c10
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 11:14 PM   #16
Zylone

Re: 1984 swb c10

I will take some pics of the rims once I get it back out of the garage. LOL

It has been slow going lately because of many other projects going on. I had to take the truck out so we could rebuild the front end on the boys truck. After that, we put new floors and base boards in throughout the house. Then, the daughters durango started having over heating issues. New radiator on the way for it.

Anyhow, not much has happened on MY truck lately. I have taken out the old transmission crossmember, and got the new one mostly into place. It is a very tight fit but it has only about another inch to go to be where it needs to be. First, I need to take the transmission mount off and bolt it to the crossmember so I can hammer it the rest of the way into place. Then, I will drill the holes to bolt it up.

I replaced the high pressure line on the power steering, and proceded to spill power steering fluid all over the front of the engine when trying to fill it back up. ACK! The only other accomplishment has been taking off the rest of the extra vacuum line mess. In the process of doing that, I broke one of the barbs off of the cruise control thingamabob. I was contemplating keeping cruise control or not.. that makes that decision easy! LOL

Hopefully this weekend I can get the trans bolted up the rest of the way, and the new exhaust all bolted up as well. The only thing after that is to bend the lines touching the passenger side header, and swap the carb out. I can't wait to drive it again!!