View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 08:11 PM   #159
fwells67

Re: 71 garage find stored since 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoKeene View Post
In my opinion I'd restore it to original and claim it is what it is but....I'm building what your looking at doing...big block, ac, tilt, tach, buckets, posi etc., and I'm using period correct parts, the ultimate short bed. Your at the crossroads now, restore it and have a super low miles truck or build the ultimate short bed and forget about the low miles thing. When you put the Big Block in it is no longer original. Either way you go you will have a great truck and you scored one of the best finds I've seen on here yet!
Congratulations.
Brad
you are absolutely right it's only original once but i am not really into the numbers or options matching scene i think it would be so much better with the bigblock/tilt/tac/vac/buckets and some cleaning and polish work then it would be a nice driver in my opinion. don't get me wrong the truck is still nice the way it is but some more extras would not hurt either. i am going to start buffing the outside this weekend then move on to the interior while i am letting that motor soak a little while. i will know exactly what i am going to do when i see if the motor will run or not either rebuild the factory one or the bigblock transplant. i will keep the pics coming as i get going on it very soon.