View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 12:41 AM   #1704
limeimac97776

Re: How about some pics of 73-87 Long Beds?

Hi guys this is my first post ever on this forum. Here's some pics of my 1984 GMC High Sierra. Its a major work in progress. 2wd 1/2 ton, 350/350, new Goodyear wrangler RT/S tires, ball joints, pitman arm, Duralast Gold battery, fuel pump, starter, new 670cfm holley street avenger carb, new Sony stereo, speakers, amp, subwoofer, and a new dash pad The 350 in the truck was originally in a 1972 c20. Getting the engine and trans rebuilt over xmas break. Keeping it stock except for an edelbrock performer manifold, getting a mild cam, and keeping my 670 holley Sadly, I am putting a 2 bolt block into the truck that was originally in a 1973 caprice. It was just taking up space in my garage anyway. And it was FREE!

The body is not the greatest. It has rust holes in the rocker panels, and cab corners and some rust spots on the bed. Previous owner abused the crap out of the poor truck as it sat outside during a hail storm and the hood and roof have hail dents. The truck also has many other dents an has a very ugly blue paint job. The previous owner did not paint the bed or the inside of the cab. So there is still some original brown paint left lol. Also, he put a chevy grille on the truck and then did a very bad black paintjob on it. I also replaced the original bumper because the PO hit something with it and left a giant dent. Luckily, I found a bumper from an 81-82 at a swap meet for 35 dollars. Going to put some fog lights in the holes of the bumper. Any ideas for a paint color? I have brown/tan interior and i don't plan on changing my interior after buying a new brown dashpad.

Most of these photos are older. These photos were taken before the new bumper and new tires were put on.
Attached Images