View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #3
orngsikL

Re: 1972 Chevy C10 "OrngsikL"

ok more progress.

turn signals wern't canceling. ordered some new parts from sokyclassics.com and installed em. one side will cancel now but the other will not. i went to oreilly's and bought their help kit and it doesn't fit, so i tired using the springs from the kit, still didn't work. Went to napa to try and buy just the springs, well, they don't sell them anymore. so i'll play with that later.

drove the truck to work, about a 20 mile trip to work, and it did well.

hooked up the pcv system, had to order a special 90* fitting from edelbrock that goes into the top of the intake manifold. while doing that, i finished it all up and was going to put the carb back on and one of the lug studs stripped out, so i got to use a heli-coil for the first time. Worked very good!
So, got all that back on and working good.

Got a call on 11/1/11 that my title and plate was in and went pick them up.

Last week, I took a trip to Kelly's (sharpshooter)'s house and he had an extra front bumper. Picked it up, came home and installed it and fixed some chaffed wires and got the turn signals working. On the way home, I stopped in Port Allen at Love's truckstop and picked up some mexican blankets, i'll get a pic soon.(I'll rewire the whole truck when it's apart)

Took the truck on a few more local trips. I kept hearing this slapping noise that was speeding up as the truck was accelerating. I thought it was a u-joint, but it wasn't. Took the left rear drum off and a chunk of shoe fell out...time to do rear brakes

Didn't take any after pics, everyone knows what that looks like. Truck stops 500% better now, haha. Glad I got that fixed.

that's it for now...placed an order for more parts...pics to come

Last edited by orngsikL; 11-11-2011 at 11:26 AM.
orngsikL is offline   Reply With Quote