View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 11:48 PM   #135
allaboutchevelles

Re: My 64 C-10 fleetside shortbed build

I think your right strodder> I put a smaller tip on my propane torch and that worked better for me but you really need to be able to get to the back side so you can hammer and dolly the spot after heating. Cant wait to see the guys technique he uses, keep us informed. I got the first coat of filler blocked tonight. I had a couple high spots show up but still had a few low spots so I hit the high spots lightly with a 60 grit sand disc and I hope the next coat of filler will block out even. I went over the rest of the back of the cabs roof where its flat and found alot of highs and lows that you cant really see or barely feel with your hand so I guess ill skim coat the whole panel and block it out. Also need to finish the front of the cabs roof but Im going to wait and buy me a flexable long block. Anyone have any sugestions on a rubber flex block that dont cost like 200 dollars. Nice kit of them on ebay but im not paying 200 dollars for sanding blocks. Oh yeah flip> I need to borrow your shoulders and arms for a few hours one day.> to finish blocking the roof
Attached Images