View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 09:33 PM   #12
richards72chevy

Re: Here is a little info with title issues for some of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by coops714x4 View Post
In Oklahoma its pretty much the same all they want is a bill of sale (don't matter who's name is on it) they check the vin plate, run it to make sure its not stolen (and if it shows a lein over 10 years they will take it off ) if all is good they will issue a good title. I've done this on a few vehicles with no problem, may be different in other states.
Its not any more i bought an 89 sunbird with no title about seven years ago.Had no problem getting the tag and title for it.Got a 66 c10 two years ago and the same lady who sold me the tag and title for the sunbird wouldnt even let me buy a tag for the truck.She said all the title laws have changed in oklahoma.She did give me the name and adress of the last registered owner of the c10 and he was still around.The truck was stolen but he never reported it.He new the man who stole it.I told him the truck was in my front yard if he wanted it back but he said he didnt want it back.He agreed to file for a lost title if i would pay for the fees and he would signed it over to me.
richards72chevy is offline   Reply With Quote