View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 04:24 AM   #16
ls1nova71

Re: Here is a little info with title issues for some of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeitup View Post
This is in Kansas BUT it may be worth your while in other states to check with. I JUST DID IT yesterday and it turned out fine. Truck or car must be 35 years or older to do it. I did not have a title for a truck I have, it was an out of state truck, I went to get state inspection and took the truck, KS requires this, all they do is check vin number on door jam and frame, glove box door and driver door if you have it on there., then they run a check on it to see if it it stolen. ALL I HAD is a bill of sale from myself to myself, and stated it was a GIFT, the bill of sale is the key point. Then I took it to local county courthouse and registered it as ANTIQUE and paid my $20.50 to transfer a tag I had and registered it, then hand carried all paperwork it to the State house title department and they gave me a title for it in my name. I thought this is a good info for you guys who do not have a title for your trucks
Hey Randy, how does the bill of sale from yourself to yourself work? The bill of sale didn't need to be notarized?
Posted via Mobile Device
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote