View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 05:56 PM   #160
McMurphy

Re: 65Custom Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Custom View Post
nothing on my project but i pulled this from under my daily driver

Picked it up as I was entering the highway one day didn't know it was there I stopped and looked when it happened but never saw anything when i looked but I kept smelling plastic when I would get out of the truck

obviously I should have crawled under and looked, but i have had the oil changed since it happened and no one ever said anything
Those things are a meance!!
Not to slam any one business over another but the areas around the big blue supercenter general stores that are open 24 hours seem to be the worse.
Tooling down the road I straddled one of those shopping bags that was ghosting across the road (empty and floating like a ghost Heheheheh) and when I looked in my rear view it was gone.
But I knew where it was...
Then the stink of burning plastic (which scares the hell out of any classic driver because it smells just like an electrical system melt down) ensued.
After that it was a few hours of scraping, wire wheeling, and sanding that melted crap off my muffler.

I hate them.

Never had one wrap around my driveline before, but I wont straddle one on the road ever again if at all possible....

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1

Last edited by McMurphy; 11-25-2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: offended the spelling gods ;o)
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote