Thread: Here's mine
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 03:53 PM   #14
Firebirdjones

Re: Here's mine

Another shot. On the top radiator hose you can see where I spliced in the steam line.
That's an obstacle with LS engines everyone will have to deal with. The factory originally runs these to an overflow tank. Since 72 Blazers don't have one (as most old cars) you have several options.

Most will tell you to drill and tap the top of the water pump. Makes a nice clean install. I didn't like the idea simply because if I ever needed to do a roadside water pump replacement (we've all been there ) Drilling and tapping another water pump wasn't my idea of an easy roadside repair. Even a repair shop might look at you funny and may not guarantee the work....
It's also beneficial to get this steam line as high as possible. Preferably higher than the radiator. Makes it much easier to bleed air out of the system.
So I made a fitting for the upper hose from parts at the local hardware store and just snipped the hose in a convenient spot.

Here I have the new Sanden compressor installed with a bracket kit designed to work with the truck accessory drive. From Kwik Performance. All runs with a single belt.

Firebirdjones is offline   Reply With Quote