View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 01:08 AM   #1
Ridnhi

A long time coming, 67 camaro.

After a little elbow nudge from Nate (72Blckbuty) I have decided to start a thread for my other love, my 67 camaro. I am taking a break from my other project 71 K5. I bought the car my senior year (2001) and have now owned this car for 11 years this month. I put it back together (barely) enough to drive it around the block once in about 2005. Then parked it.

I bought the car with very little knowledge of restoring one. The car was in boxes and the PO claimed that everything was there, but for $2k, I hauled it home. Needless to say there was alot missing and what was there was junk. I promissed myself then that I wouldn't go cheap on this project like most of my friends did with their cars.

College and building a home stopped pretty much all work on this thing from 2002 till 2009. I took the car back apart in the winter of 09' and decided that I was going to turn this in to a frame off resto and go with the pro-touring look and performance to the best my money will buy.

I am making good progress on it now and hope to continue until I get all the mechanicals done then we will see how the body turns out. I am doing most of the work myself but I am by no means a mechanic or body man.

I have a few pics taken along the way but I will have to find them. I am going to stop for the night but give you a pic of it in its current state. I will try and catch everyone up on what I have done while staying on top of progress. Hope you enjoy.
Attached Images