View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 01:13 PM   #88
theastronaut

Re: '65 Chevy C10 Long Fleet Retrospective Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFTorange View Post
Now I just need to talk you into building an id plate for me!

Looks great.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by propanemudtruck View Post
I read this whole post, from a link from your targa top camaro to the other camaro site link back to here! All your work is top notch and you're the most honest and fair professional I've read about or seen in this industry. Nice work!
Thank you! I have a conscience and have to live with myself, and I don't want to do anything that I don't feel right about doing it. I can't charge for hours I don't spend directly on a project, even it they're related. That's just not right. There's a local shop that just closed up recently; people got tired of being billed for 40 hours a week regardless of how much actual time was spent on their car. I don't know how they stayed in business as long as they did! Bad business ethics will always come back around and bite you in the rear. Health permitting, or for as long as it's God's will for me to be in this business, I may be doing this 'til I'm six feet under so I don't need a bad rep that will hurt business down the road!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 212004830 View Post
Can I bother you for that baby blue paint code? Looks much like the original I found buried under various layers of paint on mine and I am really starting to dig that color.
Quote:
Originally Posted by collins10672 View Post
it is right on the trim tag above.paint code #507 is light blue.light blue and white tutone is #537.hope this helps.

Here's a scan of an old PPG paint chip chart. Your local paint supply shop should be able to use the codes on the chart to mix your paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin07 View Post
I was just thinking that as well. maybe you won't make money off that first one you sold for THIS truck, but now you have as skill that many here may be willing to pay you for that hopefully will be easier to reproduce
You did amazing work with this truck, definitely very inspirational. thanks for sharing-
Thanks! I may look into a way to streamline the production of the plates one day, but for now it takes a couple hours to make just one tag. If I could speed up production time they could be sold at a more affordable price and I'd still make a decent profit off of them. Right now I'm cutting the aluminum blanks, trimming and applying a homemade decal, hand stamping them, then clearing them. I'd like to be able to get the blanks sheared out in bulk from a sheet of pre-polished stainless, then have the blanks silk screened. I'd also need a jig to position the stamps in place so the letters would line up better. Maybe one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggedbigblock View Post
My hat off to you. I have been modifying cars for 14 years and I have never seen such detail, on the verge of OCD insanity but just amazing. I am very picky but you make me look like a bum on my restorations. I am sure your business is flourishing. I hope to be able to bring you my truck for final body work and paint
"OCD Insanity" -That would make an appropriate shop name! Thanks for the compliments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTruckGuy View Post
You're a master finisher!!!
Thank you!!
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote