View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 04:02 PM   #172
Nobaddaze

Re: maxxy's 81 bagged c10 build

im gonna start by saying im stoked on how much of this truck you are doing by yourself. ( much respect). however, the things that make these trucks unique and eyecatching are the small details. dont take this the wrong way but IMO angle iron belongs on the farm... some nice square tubing for your bed floor would be much cleaner and stronger on a modified truck.

take your time and do things the right way and you will be much happier in the end. i understand that budget constraints force certain sacrifices but your lower control arms could really use some work, take the time to smooth down the cutting torch markings, and make sure your welds are properly penetrated. suspension components are the most important when it comes to safety and integrity, it looks like the 1/2" plate you used for a bag mount could use some reinforcement where it welds to the tubing.

Again, these are just sugesstions from my personal past expiriences, i am in no way "bashing" your build, just simply trying to offer some advice. keep at it and i look forward to seeing this thing on the road!

My Build
Nobaddaze is offline   Reply With Quote