View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 09:02 PM   #18
Portmod7

Re: Any pictures of Stepsides with Coys C5?

Thank you for the reply!

I really like your project. I was looking at the build thread and had seen what you had decided on for wheels, they look great!

I am torn between the Coys C-5's and Eagle 225's. I'd like to get some BS wheels, or something similar, but the price of the Coys and Eagles has me won over. I'm not doing any body work on my truck, it's definitely just a driver as far as looks go, so I don't want to break the bank on a really sweet set of wheels. I was REALLY set on running a 10" wheel/tire setup in the back, you see them on the fleetsides all the time, so I hadn't really thought twice about it. Now it really sounds like I'm just not going to be able to do it with the bed in stock form. I wouldn't mind rolling my fenders a bit, but I definitely don't want them flopping around like you said.

You gave me a really good idea of what I'll need to do in the rear, thank you! I'm not sure at all what I'll be doing up front. I've got the Hotchkis TVS system with 73+ stock-height spindles and rotors. So I'm really not sure if I can work off of what most people on here are running, I haven't come across anyone who's got that setup on 20's yet. I'm not sure if the control arms change the track width, or the spindles I have, or the hubs, etc.

Thanks again for your help, I appreciate it! And nice work on your build, keep it up! I ought to put mine on here, but I'm not very good at getting pictures. I'll definitely put a before and after post up when I'm done though!

Looking at my earlier post, I feel a little dumb. I asked about running a 295 tire after you said the "wheel well" on a stepside was 11.25". So yeah, no way on the 295's, and I don't like the look of the wheel being wider than the tire either. Sounds like it's 8.5" wheels for me!

Last edited by Portmod7; 11-29-2011 at 09:18 PM.
Portmod7 is offline   Reply With Quote