View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 07:52 PM   #206
Nobaddaze

Re: Nobaddaze's 82 C10 Cruiser Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cue-Ball View Post
Your truck looks great! I really like that you're making a lot of the parts yourself, and I'm totally envious of the A-arm jig you made.

That said, nobody has commented on the bolt-in notch idea yet. Personally, there's no way in Hell I'd ever feel comfortable driving a truck with a bolt-in notch that big. A bolt-in 2-3" notch like you've currently got is no big deal because the stock frame is still there, for the most part. But when you start talking about an 8"+ tall notch, that's a whole 'nuther story. You're basically talking about cutting your frame into two pieces and then holding it together with a dozen bolts. I know you don't want to mess up your powder coating, but you're spending enough time, money, and effort on this truck to do things the right way. A notch that big should be welded and heavily reinforced, and I think deep down you already know it.

Just my $0.02.
You sir are completely correct. Ive accepted the fact that my powdercoat is gonna get messed up at some point. that being said, im doing a weld in notch that is in the design process as we speak. i decided to do a fuel cell between the framerails behind the rear end and I'm not comfortable with that much weight bouncing around back there on a bolt in notch.

My Build
Nobaddaze is offline   Reply With Quote